Alexa for Senior Living
The SmartCare solution utilises the Alexa Smart Properties Senior Living platform from Amazon. This enables care providers to deploy and manage Alexa-enabled devices at scale. Further information about "Alexa Smart Properties" can be found here and about "Alexa Smart Properties for Senior Living" on the Amazon website.
The SmartCare solution of DiscVision is setup by three main components:
The SmartCare skill by DiscVision provides the care client with enhanced services and provides the care provider with operational efficiency gains. It is suitable for use in a range of care settings:
- Care home
- Sheltered / Assisted living homes
- Retirement villages
- Domiciliary care
The SmartCare solution may additionally be integrated with workflow orchestration systems such as Ascom’s Ofelia that enable the care provider to achieve operational efficiencies and enhanced quality of service:
- Enhanced staff efficiency through automated task management – using ASP functionality to design digital workflows via the Ascom orchestration platform to create automated staff-specific tasks from the voice interactions/skills for greater situational awareness.
- Enabling care staff through the orchestration of voice interactions via the alert management platform to remove unnecessary alarming for different system and collating all this information together via the Ascom mobile devices and application – therefore decreasing the potential for alarm fatigue for the care staff.
- Ability to input care interactions, via Alexa voice commands, and integrate the information into the resident’s individual digital care record.
- Data driven insights to support best practice.
The SmartCare skill brings a range of benefits for both the care client and the care provider:
- Improvement in property efficiency
- Combination of Alexa and Ascom Ofelia gives significant operational efficiencies
- Reduction in task completion times
- Better utilisation of staff
- Reduction in alarm fatigue
- Remote management of Alexa devices
- Promotes better outcomes
- Reduction of isolation
- Easy access to information about their care environment
- Enhanced communication with families
- Additional entertainment options
The SmartCare skill may be
- Easily tailored to the requirements of a single or group of care homes using an interactive web application to customise the various services offered by the SmartCare voice skill
- Integration with Ascom Ofelia mobility solution
- Integration with care management systems for a complete service
- Scalable to large number of clients per care setting and support care home groups / chains
- Support of various technological platforms such as amazon Alexa smart properties senior living
Services offered by the SmartCare voice application
The SmartCare skill offers a wide range of services tailored to the care environment which are fully customisable to the requirements of the care home or domiciliary care provider.
Phone number+49 5251 879040
33100 Paderborn, Germany